Mashable is hosting its 2nd annual open web awards.
The first five in there are technologies I user daily and sun cannot shine on a day without any of them, though twitter is extra special and can go up and down and we will still wakeup to go see their funny downtime messages.
This year the nominations are open till today November 16th 2008. The voting rounds will be held from November 19th till December 15th.
Make your vote count, speak up and pick the winners of this year!
What I enjoy about the awards process is to checkout cool technologies and finding how much my friends agree or disagree with the same votes. But also it is a test to true social media marketing as every technology company leashes out its evangelists to find creative ways to get the word out to their base to get their votes up.
As a tech startup you can do old fashioned email to your customers to vote for you. Real winners are those whose customers volunteer on their own to spread the joy of particular technologies they love. Here are some ways:
Level One - Social Media Savvy Happy Customer:
1. First go vote for your favorite technology.
2. Show your excitement with a blog post on why that company is cool.
3. Do a tweet on twitter (w the blog post as a tinyurl or your 140 words of wisdom)
4. Change your facebook status to show the link for your favorite technology voting url.
Level 2: Super crazy unpaid evangelist for your favorite technology
5. Make a facebook group or friendfeed room or twitter bundle for your favorite technology and share links about how cool your technology is and the vote url.
6. Create an event to vote for your favorite technology and invite all your friends to join.
7. Visit all related meetups and pitch to everyone to vote for your favorite technology.
8. Make a video to show your love for your favorite technology, preferably something funky and blast it out to all video sites and tag friends on facebook. Make sure your video sites are all tied to your tweets and friendfeed so your followers get double feeds of everything.
9. Especially if you are in SF, throw a party to celebrate this technology's vote and drink with fellow lovers of your technology.
10. Done? Go get a life!