I listened to Craig's keynote on Day 1 of at the User Generated Content Expo 2009 in San Jose Feb 9 and 10.
Here's part of the video
Craig Newmark story from UGCX09 - part 2 from sujam on Vimeo.
part 3 -nice lively q&a ( I need to find a way to get all q&a videos clips edited together and will update here later)
- Culture of participation
- Had no clue about branding just used common sense and did the right thing, just treat the customer like how you would like to be treated.
- Realized he was not a manager and found a CEO
- Repeat emphasis that this is not altustic
- Paranoid of not listening enough to customers
- Really enjoys listening to customers and let the community drive itself.
- Amazing honesty. Tied his experience to Obama campaign and grassroots movement for us to participate in Government.
Excellent mix of panelists, experts across the mobile spectrum.
Moderator: Adam Hirsch, COO, Mashable
Speakers: Philip Miano, National Sales Director, Third Screen Media
Eric Litman, Chairman & CEO, Medialets
Bryan Barletta, Associate Editor, Mediabistro.com
Jonathon Linner, CEO, Limbo
Full Panel video (not including q&a) - (I'll update here once the video is ready on vimeo)
See my Summary from my tweets I did during the event. (I am adding it as a screenshot, pl let me know if you know how to show the twitter search results as a widget here)
Exhibits were 5-6 tables. I saw an interesting company ConnectBeam at the Exhibit Booth.
They make enterprise social software, particularly making it easy to find information posted in profiles/tags inside enterprise searchable using google, exisiting wiki, integrating all the different social apps, thereby saving $$$ by knowledge sharing inside a company. Worth checking!!!
Overall User Generated Content has fresh conference content, excited audience and I left wishing I could stay longer or return on Day 2 too!