Talks: Business Disruption of IoT and AI
What is at the Business Junction of IoT and AI?
- Social Robots: These engage with consumers and impact Connected Home, Hospitality industry, Hospitals, Airports, and customer service in general
- Industry : Robots used in Industry for manufacturing, security, supply chain.
- Chatbots: These are everywhere — Travel, mainly customer service via messenger or any app, My favorite is Amy from x.ai of course! New to medical is Melody chatbot from Baidu.
- Deep Learning Algorithms: I separate these from chatbots becuase they mine lots of data look for patterns to help predict diseases to augment medical experts.
- Drones: This is most lucrative of businesses with PwC estimating $127 Billion from Drone as a Service by 2020. They support infrastructure, transportation, Agriculture and Security by flying in rugged terrains and surveillance from came
- Autonomous Vehicles: Self-driving cars, platooning trucks of Europe and auxiliary computer vision businesses such as civilmaps are disrupting the future.
- Mixed Reality: This is Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality added to a live experience. Amusement Park rides augmented to make the experience more thrilling, Robotic surgery or machine maintenance all lend itself to impact Entertainment, Movies, Healthcare and Industry.