Saturday, March 31, 2007

Barcamp at Web 2.0 Conference called Web2.0Open

web 2.0 conference in SFO has decided to include a barcamp model piece called Web2.0open
where an attendee can create a real-time conference by posting a topic and speaking on it like a Barcamp.

I've been thrilled to be part of the Barcamp community at Boston, was pleasantly surprised at the real-time comments on blogs and podcast on my talk "Technology Commercialization - Concept to Business"

At Web2.0Open, I am debating on what topic to speak, so please help me out with your feedback.

The buring Web2.0 topics dear to my hear are the following, so help me pick one of them with feedback, questions . . .

1. Building a Web 2.0 community site - tools and techniques, more like success or horror stories focusing on good CED process/tools, using Open source CMS like Joomla with Community Builder vs building custom.

My main take on a web 2.0 site is not about just using AJAX, but how live the site it - showcasing users acceptance and live updates like scraps on orkut, or list of communities growing on mybloglog.

2. Web 2.0 Community Models - The user is incharge in a web 2.0 site. What makes different types of user communities online and what are the tools and best practices available to build, market, engage, grow and monetize different types of web 2.0 communities.

This is a topic I've been researching and playing with several pet projects. I'll start by sharing my Google spreadsheet comparing web 2.0 community sites, will focus on different marketing and revenue models from real life experience of my experiments and from entrepreneurs I have interviewed for my other blog Startupstories.com

3. My ever favorite - building startups from concept to launch. I loved the energy of the audience at BarCamp Boston when I presented this. I would like to expand this with more current experiences observed from the startups I advice and from those I mentor at MIT Venture Mentor Services.

If you are going to be at Web2.0Open, say hi, I'd love to meet you. Let me know your comments or questions on these topics. Look forward to it :-))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The endure allotment of the watch that is looked at is the bracelet, which Replica Gucci Watches are able-bodied accepted for affair the latest abstruse and artful criteria. Also by creating prototypes, it allows engineers to see what types of abstruse requirements will be bare for these parts. They are produced to be agnate and a activity continued accompaniment as the absolute ones.